Matches played at The Kursaal, Southend-on-Sea

 

Date of matchType of matchName of teamName of teamScoreAttendance
     -

 

Southend-on-Sea’s Kursaal amusement park opened in 1894 as the Marine Park and Gardens. From 1919 until 1934, it was also home to Southend United Football Club.

 

When the club reformed after the First World War it laid a new pitch at the Kursaal. In 1920 the East Stand was built, seen here on the right side of the pitch. The club left the Kursaal in 1934 and eventually returned to its original stadium, Roots Hall, in 1955.

 

Following the closure of the amusement park in 1973, the majority of the site was redeveloped as a housing estate.